Sunday, August 24, 2008

First house offer failed~

It has been a very busy week. I got a project due at work and also busy working with my agent on my first offer ever to a home that I like. The house inspection report has no major repair needed. My agent got some information from the seller's agent that there will be multiple offers on the house. So we decided to make our offer attractive by removing all contigency except a 500USD of home protection plan and shorten the closing time to less than a month. On the offering price, since it is the first week of the open house, we decided to add another 8k on top of the asking price (and yes I was a bit hesitant and reluctant whether I should put the offer over the asking price since it is supposed to be a buyer market now).

We submitted the offer on wednesday but on thursday morning, I am told that the house is sold at a higher price (within the first week of listing!). It is a bit of set back for me and hopefully I will be able to find a better house next time.

No comments: